The London Care Record is enabled by a network of health information exchanges (HIEs) across London, providing a read-only view of an individual’s health and care information. London Care Record (Health Information Exchange) provides access to joined-up care records – important and current information at the point of care, for the whole care team. Most information will be updated in real time, but in some cases will be updated every 24 hours.
Access to joined-up health and care records will save time and support everyone delivering health and care services by providing:
- A snapshot view of a resident’s health and care history, current and past medications and a summary of previous events and episodes of care
- Information such as discharge summaries and clinic letters, so teams have a broader understanding of a resident’s story
- Current medications, medical history, allergies and information about appointments
- Results of tests and investigations requested by other providers, reducing the need to manually request the results of tests
- Accurate information, so resident no longer need to recall and retell their history, medication dosages or the outcome of previous care.